MELKSHAM RFC will be holding a 6-a-side Touch Fun Day at the clubs proposed new home of Dunch Lane north playing fields, Melksham.
The event will be held on Sunday 11th August 2013.
The ground will be open to the public from 11:30. The first game will kick off at 1:00 and the final will be at 4:00. The event will close at 8:00
Changing Rooms. Unfortunately at present there are no changing rooms or showers at the ground but hopefully there will be something available next year. There will be portable toilets.
Food. There will be a BBQ, snacks, soft drinks and a licensed bar.
Parking. Parking will be available at the ground at a cost of £2 per vehicle. Please do not park on Dunch Lane. In the event of the ground being too wet alternative parking will be provided at the school. No vehicles are to be left at the ground over night.
Litter. Please ensure that any litter is deposited in the bins provided.
First Aid. The event will be covered by RFU one off event
insurance and St john’s ambulance will be in attendance.
The competition will be held under Federation of International Touch rules with a few amendments. These rules can be found at www.englandtouch.org.uk .
1. Games will be 7min halves with 1min halftime.
2. Teams must be mixed. With a minimum of 1 lady per team.
3. Players must be aged 15 or over.
3. If for any reason a team does not field a mixed side during a game that team will be docked 3 points.
4. If at the end of full time in the final the score is even then there will a 1min break. The referee will toss a coin to decide which team restarts and the game will be decided by the team scoring the next try.
5. The organisers hold the right to disqualify any team who is not playing in the spirit of the competition.
Please respect our neighbours and take your litter home with you.
For further information please contact Andy Cadwallader on 07768342928 or email Melkshamrfc@gmail.com .